Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 1 Mission Beach to El Centro

Miles: 128
Elevation: 7,850

What a day!  e'xpecting rain, woke to find only San Diego sunshinme.  Had a send off party at 8 at Belmont Park.  Thanks to all who took time off from their Friday calendar to come out and see me off.  It was inspirational and has me motivated!  A special thanks to those who rode with me on day 1.  James and Harve who rode out the first leg.  Jeff and Blake who rode to Alpine. (thanks Lauren for the ride support) Jimmy who met us in El Cajon and then rode all the way to Jacukmba.

The riding was hard with the weight of  the bike.  It's now about 95 lbs.  The climbs to Alpine and then Guatay anjd then Golden Acorn wreacked havoc on my contact points with the seat, if you get the picture!!!  Once I got to the top of Jacumba I entered the 8 and took a quick 3,500 foot descent on the freeway to Occotillo.  by that time it was dark and rode the last 2 hours with lights into El Centro.  Tami met me there.  Exhausted we went to Dennys and devoured 8 pancakes and then passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment